Why people are buying British Regional Hampers...
- Help support local small businesses
- Love tasty and limited-edition British produce
- Want sustainable and environmentally-friendly products
- Buy a high-quality and memorable unique gift
WORCESTERSHIRE: part-Cotswolds, part-Malvern Hills, part-industrial heartland of the Midlands: it’s no wonder that the county has such an amazing variety of food and drink for us to explore, and we have discovered some true gems on our travels.
It’s been the home since 1837 of the original Worcestershire Sauce, so you have to mix yourself a Bloody Mary. Our recipe includes Wildjac Fresh Citrus Vodka from Bewdley, the best spicy tomato juice we know, Big Tom, and an astonishing find from Droitwich Salt combining the flavours of natural brine, charcoal, black trumpet mushroom and garlic, from a recipe developed in conjunction with Michelin-starred chef Brad Carter.
Now, pop the oven on. We have some handmade Worcestershire Hop cheese shortbread dough for you to bake. Simply unwrap it, place the greaseproof on your baking tray, slice the dough into small rounds and cook. Delicious warm cheesy biscuits in just over 10 minutes.
Your grazing platter this month includes two of our favourites from the fabulous smokehouse at Macneil’s: salmon and duck, both smoked over beech wood using the finest ingredients and a chef's know-how. Next come our two exceptional cheeses from Lightwood, Worcester Blue (which goes perfectly with our Bellringers aubergine pickle, made to a 100-year-old recipe) and Eleanor goats cheese: drizzle our Worcester honey over the latter for an epic meeting of salty and sweet that will delight the taste buds.
English sparkling wine meanwhile is taking on the French at their own game, and there are few finer examples than Easing Hill’s: former dentists Judith and Tim Davies have turned their passion for wine into a thriving small business from their sustainably cultivated vineyard in the picturesque Teme Valley, and their take on bubbly is light, fresh and delicately balanced.
To finish? A sensational box of handcrafted Honey Truffles with a beautiful bee motif and hand-made caramel truffles with a hint of Droitwich Salt combined with the perfect cup of coffee from our direct trade supplier to match beautifully with the chocolates. A round of applause for our Worcestershire food heroes…
Each Worcestershire Hamper contains the following items:-
Beautifully presented in a luxurious navy blue magnetic closure box with navy blue grosgrain ribbon. Size 45cm long x 32.5cm width x 19.5cm high
- Easing Hill White Sparkling Wine 75cl
Wildjac Fresh Citrus Vodka 20cl
- Big Tom Tomato Juice 75cl
- Droitwich Charcoal Salt 75g
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 150ml
- Lightwood Worcester Blue Cheese 200g
- Lightwood Eleanor Goats Cheese 100g
- Macneil's Smoked Duck Breast 180g
- Macneil's Smoked Salmon 200g
- Bellringers Preserves Aubergine Pickle 205g
- Wychbold Honey 340g
- Henley Kitchen & Bakery 'bake your own' Cheese Log shortbread made with Worcestershire Hop Cheese from Croome Cuisine
- Paxton & Whitfield Celery & Sea Salt Oaties 150g
- 6 hand-made Droitwich Salt caramel truffles: a mix of white, milk & dark chocolate from Henley Chocolates
- 9 x Honey Truffles from 1683 Chocolate Place
Ethical Addictions Machare Coffee: coarse-ground for filter/cafetieres 225g
- Our gift to the bees: a tin of wildflower seeds to scatter in your garden
Meet our Suppliers
COMING SOON: Read the stories about the people and produce that 'ticked the box' and made it in to our Worcestershire Hamper.
All items are individually labelled by each producer and comply fully with FSA guidelines. However, please be aware a number of items may be made in areas where other products are produced. Please contact us directly if you are unsure or want to clarify any particular product.